Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, February 21, 2010

February Update

The month and cycle have been a little weird..but we continue trying to create the best situation to accept the miracle of a baby! I am trying to keep things in perspective but it is difficult at times. I know that sometimes too much knowledge and information is bad, but I can't help myself!

Tracking my cycle on Fertility Friend keeps my focus and its really obvious when something is abnormal. This month I was worried because I had no signs of ovulation but it was just later than usual, by about week! So that is positive and I am praying we are going to be blessed soon...

Tony is going to Rio de Janeiro, Brazil for an extended period of time. He will leave as soon as his work visa comes in and he will be there for a 'few weeks'. We have never been apart that long and I will miss him SO much...but we both know he needs to go for work. This also means that he will be gone during my next cycle, if there is one and I am not pregnant this month.

The other night while lying awake after getting up for some medicine (I've had a sinus infection this week and can't breathe through my nose) I was thinking about having a baby, our first baby, and that I am now 34 years old. This is not a major issue these days, as everyone keeps telling me, but it weighs on my mind. And since I have always wanted more than one kid, by the time I may be ready for that, I will be 36 or older. The risks that come with having babies at that age are so much increased. I have been thinking about the possibility of have only one child, or having one and then adopting.

Of course we have to get the first one and that is what I am trying to think about and pray about now...praying to not let my mind overule my body.

No comments:

Post a Comment