Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, March 4, 2010

Here we go!!

What an amazing day it is! And what a story I have to share....let me start near the beginning....
as we are on our journey to make our family, I am "charting" which means I take my tempeture everyday to help me monitor my cycle. I also take OPK (ovulation predictor tests) to help me determine my most fertile days during my cycle.

On February 20th I got a positive OPK!


So then based on my chart I ovulated on Sunday, February 21st. And after that my temp stayed higher than normal and gave a slight indication of what was to come....

So 11 days after ovulation I took a test to see if we had been blessed with a second chance...and we have!!














Yes I took two tests, really the digital one first and then the regular stick test just to see if I could get two positives!! What a wonderful result!! I was very happy and here we are just moments after we found out...still in bed....proud and excited parents and the siblings!!

Of course I called my mom and send a text to a few people then had to get up and get ready for work...
A funny moment was when Tony was taking his morning medicine and started to shake the aspirin bottle to a beat....after a moment too long I said 'okay, that's enough' and he told me I better get used to it because I am carrying a musical people!  LOL Anytime he just makes musical noises or dances around for no reason his explanation is that he is from musical people, so now I am certainly carrying one!! :-) I could not be happier about that!!

 So when I called my doctors office I spoke with Lynn, the least favorite of his two nurses...but she was as nice as could be...she first asked me if this was 'good thing' as opposed to an 'OMG thing' and I told her it was a GREAT thing!!! Since I had a long cycle this month, they are having me go in for blood work first thing in the morning to determine how far along I am. They need to confirm, but since I chart and I know my ovulation/conception date, I already know my due date is Nov 14, 2010.

I am so excited for this and I hope and pray that everything will be healthy and on track this time. There have been a few small things that I have felt in my body this past week, but didn't want to think they were pregnancy signs, as to not get my expectations up. But they were, and now we know for sure!!

This time around I got  a positive test on day 11 after ovulation/conception....last time I was negative on day 11 but positive on day 14. So the fact that my hormones are stronger early on is a good sign!! And have felt nauseated today but that also may have to do with some of my excitement...hopefully that won't get too bad!!!

Unfortunately Tony is leaving for Brazil on Sunday, for three weeks!!!! So I will miss him a lot and I am going to try to postone my first unltrasound until he gets back....he wants to be there and of course I want him there!! Angela offered to go with me since he would be gone, but he asked me to see if they can wait a week for him to get back, and hopefully they will. The normal process is to do the first ultrasound at 6 weeks, which will be March 21, and Tony is coming home March 27.

So as we begin this new journey, I plan to keep this blog up to date with the latest baby news!!
Today I am 3wks and 5 days along....

No comments:

Post a Comment