From a Pregnancy Week by Week website:
This week's major developments: The nose, mouth, and ears that you'll spend so much time kissing in eight months are beginning to take shape. His emerging ears are marked by small depressions on the sides of the head, and his arms and legs by protruding buds. His heart is beating about 100 to 160 times a minute — almost twice as fast as yours — and blood is beginning to course through his body. His intestines are developing, and the bud of tissue that will give rise to his lungs has appeared. His pituitary gland is forming, as are the rest of his brain, muscles, and bones. The baby is a quarter of an inch long.
My Commentary:
Most of last week went by uneventful, I just worked and went home. Until Thursday night when I went and hung out with the neighbors and walked down to the neighborhod park with them. I got back home around 8:45pm and was tired so I was getting ready for bed. That night I was feeling generous so I thought I would let the dogs on the bed for a little while, and I was trying to show Charlie how to jump up there. He was scared and when he finally did jump - he put his head down and ending up hitting me square in the mouth!!
I had a bloody buttom lip and some obvious pain!
Then as I went to the bathroom before bed, I realized I was spotting!! Talk about scared! It really surprised me and I wasn't sure what to do! I sent a text to Angela (my first pregnancy resource) and after describing the situation she thought is was normal. I also sent a text to my neighbor Kim who called me and also reassured me it was normal and I just needed to relax and sleep with my feet elevated. So I did and there was no spotting the next day.
I was working from home on Friday, waiting for the delivery of our treadmill, and even though there was no more spotting, I called the doctor anyway to talk to one of his nurses. My favorite, Nurse Becky called me back. She asked me lots of questions and determined that everything was normal. There may be light spotting and even light cramping and that is normal as the embryo gets fruther embedded into the uterus. I felt much better after talking with her, even though I felt like it was okay, and Angela and Kim had reassured me, it was further peace of mind.
I did have some further light spotting this weekend, but nothing to worry about, and I learned to not compare this pregnancy to my first one. The first one was obviously not meant to be and things were not normal at any stage, so if this pregnancy is normal, it should be different. I am praying all is well and I am getting anxious to go to the doctor next week! I am pretty sure Tony will be home and I really hope he is!!! But if not Angela will go with me.
11 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment