Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

6 1/2 Weeks - Feeling the Effects

Here is how my trip to work went today…..I was listening to xLBackspin (the old school rap channel that we love) and Bone Thugs in Harmony came on, 1st of the Month – which I love that song!! But that made me think of their other song, their most famous song, Crossroads, about death and the afterlife and how sad that it, and that made me cry. So I start crying and couldn’t stop!!! I missed most of the song playing until I could pull myself together…then Freedom came on by Grandmaster Flash and that cheered me up…..but WOW pregnancy hormones in FULL EFFECT!!!!

This morning I also woke up feeling pretty nauseated...so I made some ginger tea and that helped.

I have had for a little while, super sonic smelling powers, but that is not really a good thing, when the world is full of stinky stuff and when you smell things you used to love and it makes your stomach turn. As a result my tastebuds are now confused and not working properly!! When I get something that I know I really like, it doesn't taste the same and I am dissapointed...which my not be a bad thing and may help my addiction to food, at least for now.  The only thing that tastes good is Chick-fil-A...the # 1 Deluxe with Light Mayo, a side salad with berry vinagrette and a diet lemonade. YUM!  This is the only thing that has tasted as good or better to me than any of my other previously liked foods.

And to top that off, I am not craving sweet stuff...I am actually avoiding it....which is another plus for now. I can hardly eat a Fiber One bar because they are sweet. I have some cupcakes this weekend and they were good, actually the cupcake was just the right amount. It tasted good, but since then a cupcake doesn't even sound good to me! CRAZY - I KNOW!!! 

Some interesting things about the possible gender of the baby.....according to the ancient Chinese gender predictor chart/calendar, it will be a boy. I have to go on record as saying I have never met anyone who this was wrong about...so that's a start....  And a book I am reading The Real Deal Guide to Pregnancy has a list of old ways that people say they predict the gender, and most of my signs are leaning towards boy...such as I crave salty stuff rather than sweet and my  morning sickness isn't very bad (yet). So those are just some fun things to think about and dream about.

I know we will be happy with a healthy baby (or two) regardless of gender. Yes I am still hoping for twins!!

No comments:

Post a Comment