Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

21 Weeks

Ahhhh, the long weekend was nice but busy! Had lots to do to prep the pool and for Tony's birthday so I did a lot more physical activity this past week. No heavy lifting or anything like that but just being on my feet a lot and moving around more, which is good for me, but takes its toll and makes me really tired.

I have started to swell easily these days, my body if very sensitive to salt intake now and I am retaining more water, so the result is puffy face, hands and feet. People say to put my feet up at work but I can't be comfortable enough to really work...
I have also started to get more uncomfortable when I try to sleep, which I think is really just about the weight in my belly and learning to sleep is somewhat different positions. I have always been a side sleeper for the most part, but these days I really want to lay on my back sometimes to give my hips a break and I can't!
Sitting for long periods of time at work is also getting harder, I generally feel like an old lady that can't move fast!! I just have to laugh at myself sometimes and remember that in a few months these types of things will be the very least of my concerns.

With the pool area finished I can now devote all my attention to Zane's room...which is always fun! Of course the clean our part isn't but that's just a task we have to complete to get to the fun stuff like decorating! I can't believe it's already July and in less than 4 months I will be full term!!! (37 weeks) Someone actually said to me today "oh you could have a Halloween baby" and it just hit me how soon that will be!!

I am excited that next Monday I have my next ultrasound and doctor appointment. I can't wait to see Zane again!! And this will be my first appointment by myself. Tony has come to every one so far, which has been great, but for the next several I will probably go by myself. He is getting really busy at work and since we are progressing well, it will be easier to schedule the time off for just me. After this ultrasound, I most likely won't have another one for about 3 months, so the visits will just be basic doctor checkups anyway. But of course I will post all the details here (or most of the details).

From the website this week:
Your baby now weighs about three-quarters of a pound and is approximately 10 1/2 inches long. You may soon feel like he's practicing martial arts as his initial fluttering movements turn into full-fledged kicks and nudges. You may also discover a pattern to his activity as you get to know him better. In other developments, your baby's eyebrows and lids are present now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment