Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

27 Weeks

As I get a little bigger and slower each week, I realize that time is passing by so quickly!! This past week was very eventful...I started out the week with a nightmare about being a bad mommy with amnesia...it was horrible, I didn't remember anything about the baby being born but all of the sudden I was the mom to a cute toddler boy and didn't know what the heck to do!!! Pregnancy really does make you insane and you have crazy irrational thoughts...it's weird when your body is controling your mind and not the other way around.

I think I am starting to have some cravings...although I don't have that immediate need to get them, I do like to have them when I have the opportunity....Shakes have been high on the list, mainly chocolate or strawberry, anytime I get a burger or something from a place that serves them, I get a shake.
I was not a huge Ranch dressing eater prior to pregnancy and prefered vinagrette dressings, but these days I can't get enough Kraft Peppercorn Ranch and I put it on all kinds of things other than salad, like chicken and pizza.
And lately I have been wanting to drink milk. I have never been a milk 'drinker' but just used it for cooking or an occassional bowl of cereal...especially since I am lactose intolerant, or allergic or whatever you call it when milk makes you hack and sneeze. But I like Lactaid milk and lately I have been drinking it a lot! Some people say cravings are your body's way of getting what it needs so maybe I need more calcium these days...and I am getting it!!
One more thing I am into lately, if I get hungry before bed or in the middle of the night (which happens if I eat a light dinner or eat too early in the evening) I have one slice of bread with peanut butter on it. That satisfies the hunger so I can go to sleep. Sometimes I send Tony for it and sometimes I just go make it myself...but I can't sleep if I am hungry!!

On Friday Tony and I took off work to go 'day care shopping' and it was quite the learning experience. Fortunately we have found two day cares that we like, they are comprabably priced and we will go back for more visits. I think the ultimate decision is going to be based on their development program and our comfort level with the teachers. We did learn what we don't want in a day care pretty quickly and although we didn't see anything shocking, we did visit several that we both agreed we would never leave our child there - for several different reasons....

Now that the office was totally cleaned out, I went and picked 6 paint samples, all shades of blue to compare for Zane's room....bought the little sample sizes and slapped them up on the wall....my favorite was a Martha Stuart color called Ice Rink and Tony's favorite was a Behr color called Cool Sky. When we put it up next to the bedding and the appliques, the Cool Sky was lighter and the room accents would 'pop' more, plus Tony thought it to be more versitile for the future (so he wouldn't have to paint again).

So we went with the Cool Sky color and absolutely LOVE it!!  We finished painting and arranging the furniture and bedding this week....here are some pics....















It was great fun getting it in place and seeing the result, and now our baby boy has a room of his own!

In other news....I got a promotion at work, which really just changed my title and paygrade to what I am already doing, but better late than never!! I am very thankful for my job and the position I have here even though it can be very stressful at times.

This week from the website:
This week, your baby weighs almost 2 pounds and is about 14 1/2 inches long with his legs extended. He's sleeping and waking at regular intervals, opening and closing his eyes, and perhaps even sucking his fingers. With more brain tissue developing, your baby's brain is very active now. While his lungs are still immature, they would be capable of functioning — with a lot of medical help — if he were to be born now. Chalk up any tiny rhythmic movements you may be feeling to a case of baby hiccups, which may be common from now on. Each episode usually lasts only a few moments, and they don't bother him, so just relax and enjoy the tickle.

No comments:

Post a Comment