My mom came over for dinner and to see the nursery this week. She brought gifts for Zane as well, a cute giraffe that makes soothing sounds, a little plaque that says "When all else fails ask Nana" and a personalized hoodie towel.
Saturday I went with my neighbor Tori (who has a 6 month old boy Deacon and is also 10 weeks pregnant!!) to meet Angela at a consignment sale at the Barry Center out off Barker-Cypress (put on by Penny Pinching Mamas TX). It was great! I focused on buying clothes from 18 to 24 months since most of the clothes he'll get from showers are for a little baby. I got 29 items for $60, some of which still had the tags on them from the store! I also learned from several mommies I talked to there that the size of the clothes and the age of the baby really don't have anything to do with each other...since all babies are different sizes and shapes. I also leaned the different between 24 month and 2T pants....24 months are bigger in the butt for the diaper and 2T are more slim and longer. It was a good trip and I hope to go to more events like it in the future.
Saturday afternoon Tony got home from Singapore which was great! He was tired from the 23 hours of traveling it took him to get home, so as you can imagine we didn't do much of anything the rest of the weekend, and it was great!
I did some research this week about the name "Zane" and here are some shots of what I found on the internet....meaning, origin and people with that same name.
I also Googled the name and Zane Davis Performance Horses comes up first and then here are more with the first and last name...
This week from the website:
Your baby now weighs about 2 1/2 pounds and is a tad over 15 inches long from head to heel. His muscles and lungs are continuing to mature, and his head is growing bigger to make room for his developing brain. To meet his increasing nutritional demands, you'll need plenty of protein, vitamins C, folic acid, and iron. And because his bones are soaking up lots of calcium, be sure to drink your milk (or find another good source of calcium, such as cheese, yogurt, or enriched orange juice). This trimester, about 250 milligrams of calcium are deposited in your baby's hardening skeleton each day.









No comments:
Post a Comment