Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

30 Weeks

7 1/2 months....whoa! This morning I was thinking that at most I only have 10 weeks left! It's all going by so fast, and I am sure when Zane gets here I feel like its going even faster!

Exciting news this week, I met with Delsie Walters (my neighbors mom) who does custom painting, mainly for kids areas and nurseries. She is going to be doing some canvases for us to have in Zane's room and I am really excited to see her ideas on paper. We met, she saw our home and nursery, and we discussed some ideas and she is preparing some sketches. I am really looking forward to the outcome and I hope that it will be done in time for the Oct 2 Friends Baby Shower.

This week has also been a sad week with the news that Grammy Helen passed away on Friday, Sept. 3. She was 97 and lived a long and healthy life. She was ready to go and will be greatly missed, but when someone has lived as long as she did and was healthy, its easier to let her go. On the positive side, now Lolly can have more freedom to live her life.

I am starting to get more emotional again, more like I was in the beginning, more sensitive to things people say and more afraid of what is ahead. I know millions of people do this every day, but I still can't help but worry about how Tony and I are going to handle it. I am hoping that the classes over the next several weeks will help us get some better perspective and give us a little more confidence.

I am somewhat discouraged and frustrated by some people who continually put negative spins on things, like how hard breast feeding will be and how hard having the baby sleeping in his crib will be. Everyone has different expereiences and all babies are different. Of course at this point I plan to breast feed for at least one year and I want him to sleep in his crib from day one, but those are just my ideals....and of course since I have never done this before, those things may change based on any number of unknown factors. I just wish I didn't feel like I was getting bashed all the time for having these ideals in the first place. Maybe I'm not realistic, but if I have a strong ideal and what really happens doesn't meet that, we will still be okay. Just because I want him to sleep in his crib doesn't mean I won't ever put him in bed with me or that we won't take a nap together.

I have heard people who are pregnant complain about constantly getting unsolicited advice, and now I understand that!! Everyone asks you what your plans are then most proceed to tell you how your plans are silly and won't work - give me a freakin' break!! As I learn more and more through reading and talking with people, I am doing the best I can to prepare the best I can to achieve my personal goals to the best of my ability. I personally think that being mentally prepared can help you get through a tough time when you are struggling with something physically.

I am trying to stay positive and not get too stressed out....I have made a list of things we need to do around the house before the baby comes and I am just trying to do a little bit each day and work through it. Tony also has stuff on there to do so I don't have to keep reminding him (or nagging as he would say) to get it done.

The best thing to look forward to now are the upcoming showers so we can start accumulating things and getting stuff ready for Zane!! I can't wait to get all of his little things ready for him!! I pray he will be happy and healthy and I dream of the days when he'll be here!

Next time I go to the doctor I am going to see if he can tell what position Zane is in...but the below picture is a general idea. My placenta is in the front and I have a firm spot a couple of inches above and to the left (my left) of my belly button, which I think is his butt! Although he hasn't kicked my in ribs or lungs yet, his legs may be poised to do so....












This week from the website:
Your baby's about 15.7 inches long now, and he weighs almost 3 pounds. A pint and a half of amniotic fluid surrounds him, but that volume will decrease as he gets bigger and takes up more room in your uterus. His eyesight continues to develop, though it's not very keen; even after he's born, he'll keep his eyes closed for a good part of the day. When he does open them, he'll respond to changes in light but will have 20/400 vision — which means he can only make out objects a few inches from his face.

No comments:

Post a Comment