This past week was very busy but in a great way! On Tuesday I started having Braxton-Hicks contractions...interesting and a little scary....but I realized they weren't the real thing because the pain radiated from my low back around to my low front and stayed there (feeling like menstral cramps) for a minute or so, and then faded away. And when I got up to go pee and drank some water they stopped completely. So by now I am used to them and realize that they can be more frequent with dehydration and stress....so I am trying my best to avoid both - although the stress part is hard to get away from!!
Friday evening after work we had our first baby shower thrown by my co-workers and it was awesome!! They had it at Chili's in a private area and it was lots of fun. I was especially glad Tony came! We received lots of gifts and several registry items like the bathtub, highchair and small bouncer plus lots of clothes and towels and other necessities. But hands down our favorite thing was from my co-worker Tom Miller (and his wife Ivy) who got us a simple white onesie and a littel white hat, both custom embroidered. The hat says "Zane" and the onesie says "A Robyn and Tony Production" - and they are SO precious!! It brought tears to my eyes...here is a close up pic of the onesie.
I have uploaded all the shower pics as well as got caught up on all our other pics on our picture page - so you can click on the link below....these are in the featured galleries at the top of the page. And if you look in the Baby Davis gallery you will see a picture on my 8 month belly!!
http://daviszlife.smugmug.com/
On Sunday we attended our second Prepared Childbirth class, where we learned more about medicated births and were able to practice labor coping techniques. I have to say Tony is really helpful and I am so glad to have him by my side! I am so glad we took the class and I am looking forward to the next few classes.
We also got to review mock-ups Delsie made for our custom painting in Zane's room, which we really liked. She is going to do the painting later this week and I will be sure to add the pics so everyone can see. I am really excited about how its going to turn out!!
This week from the website:
By now, your baby weighs 3.75 pounds and is about 16.7 inches long, taking up a lot of space in your uterus. You're gaining about a pound a week and roughly half of that goes right to your baby. In fact, he'll gain a third to half of his birth weight during the next 7 weeks as he fattens up for survival outside the womb. He now has toenails, fingernails, and real hair (or at least respectable peach fuzz). His skin is becoming soft and smooth as he plumps up in preparation for birth.
11 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment