Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, September 27, 2010

33 Weeks

Last week was pretty normal...we both worked a lot...I am counting down the days until I am off work...and between now and then I don't have any full weeks left! YEAH! It helps because I need the rest these days...

Now that Zane's room is painted we are working on the finishing touches to get it ready. This week I washed all his things so far...now I have to start sorting his clothes by size and then see where they are going to go in his room. I have realized that he is going to have space in almost every room in the house...so I have to reorganized our exisiting stuff to make that room...and some stuff just has to go....
We are planning a garage sale on Oct 9 so after that a lot will be cleaned out! Plus I have several things to sell on Ebay to hopefully make a little more money.

This past weekend we took our Life with Baby class that taught and/or reinforced several basics on early newborn care. They are just so tiny when they arrive! Tony put on a diaper and a t-shirt. They showed us techniques to not raise the babies arms over their head and to not allow the fabric to sweep across their face (two things babies apparently really don't like!). We learned about bathing...which was helpful and little things you can should do to bath them before their umbilical cord falls off. Then we also learn a few coping techniques for crying...which were unexpected but really insightful! They showed a clip from a DVD with a Dr. Karp who wrote The Happiest Baby on the Block and we are definitely going to get his book and/or DVD! His techniques make a lot of sense but we never would have thought to try stuff like that! So again we learned a lot in our class and are really glad we are taking them!

Today I had my 33 week doctor appointment and another ultrasound. The ultrasound took a lot longer than usual because now Zane's head is down and today he was looking up (or towards my belly) but he has his arm almost hiding his face. The tech said he is 'really snuggled in there' so he didn't move a lot, but I also didn't eat any sugar this morning...so it took them a while to get the correct measurements of his head and body. And they couldn't confirm he was a boy, his legs were all folded up, so hopefully we won't get a surprise that its a girl...I think the earlier ultrasounds were pretty clear on that! I did get to see good pictures of his organs...he already has urine in his little bladdar and his heart is pumping fast as usual! And a bonus was seeing his HAIR!! Yep, our boy has hair! Below is a the picture...its the little white marks coming off the skull.















Dr Cone says everything looks good and Zane is exactly average on all his measurements. The ultrasound doctor says he weighs 4 1/2 pounds...so if he gains 1/2 pound a week, he will be 8 pounds at 40 weeks...hopefully he won't gain too much more than that and we'll see if I make it 40 weeks. I am going to have another ultrasound at term, 37 weeks so we'll see what they say at that point. I have had a increasing pain in my left foot and Dr Cone thinks its due to the weight gain and pressue that my body isn't used to. I should probably get some more supportive shoes! And the back pain and contractions are all normal at this stage.

Tony got his flu shot this week at work, which I am so proud of him for! He has never had it before but this year he did it for Zane. I got mine today at the doctor so Zane and I should be protected...me until next year and Zane for at least his first 6 months.

Today after my appointment I went and got the Shark Steam Cleaner and I love it!! I much safer way to keep our hard floors clean and our rugs fresh!! (I know I sound like a commercial) But with this new tool we won't have to mop our floors with chemicals anymore, we can just use steam to clean them that will be healthier for all of us. And its so quick and easy - which is my kind of cleaning!! :-)

This week from the website:
This week your baby weighs a little over 4 pounds and has passed the 17-inch mark. He's rapidly losing that wrinkled, alien look and his skeleton is hardening. The bones in his skull aren't fused together, which allows them to move and slightly overlap, thus making it easier for him to fit through the birth canal. (The pressure on the head during birth is so intense that many babies are born with a conehead-like appearance.) These bones don't entirely fuse until early adulthood, so they can grow as his brain and other tissue expands during infancy and childhood.


As your baby fills out even more of your belly, lots of things might start to change: Whereas before you were sashaying, you may find yourself waddling. Finding an easy position to sit in — let alone sleep — is becoming more of a challenge. And bumping into chairs and counters is par for the course

No comments:

Post a Comment