We have made it to the 8 1/2 month mark! Nursery is completely done! Most of his laundry is done and ready for him! We didn't have any baby classes this past week but we did have a shower as the house with friends. It was really fun but I don't have any pictures yet because I wasn't the one taking them...so when I get those I will get them posted.
We have quite a collection of contraptions for our kiddo now....lots of fun things for him to do and play with. There are still lots of necessities that we need, but we have a couple more showers and the gift cards are going to help us get all the last minute essentials, which is great!
I am officially uncomfortable most of the time now and have to laugh at myself for not being able to sit up without help to get off the couch! My feet are to the point where they can swell out of any of my bigger pairs of shoes so I have resorted to Crocs - which I should have done months ago!!! I found a cute pair at the Outlet Mall in Cypress that I can wear to work and they are SO comfortable!! Plus I got them a little big so my feet have room to swell. In just having them for a few days the pain in my left foot is almost completely gone!! I doubt these were designed from pregnant women, but it feels like walking on pillows, which is what I need right now!!
This week I have a half a day Thursday and all day Friday off from work to prepare for the garage sale we are having this Saturday. There are a few neighbors participating and I hope to get rid on some stuff and make some extra money. Then Saturday night we have our infant CPR class.
This week on the website:
Your baby now weighs about 4 3/4 pounds and is almost 18 inches long. His fat layers — which will help regulate his body temperature once he's born — are filling him out, making him rounder. His skin is also smoother than ever. His central nervous system is maturing and his lungs are continuing to mature as well. If you've been nervous about preterm labor, you'll be happy to know that babies born between 34 and 37 weeks who have no other health problems generally do fine. They may need a short stay in the neonatal nursery and may have a few short-term health issues, but in the long run, they usually do as well as full-term babies.
11 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment