Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, October 18, 2010

36 Weeks - 9 Months!!

We've come so far and it feels like just days ago we found out we were pregnant! It's really gone by fast!!
This week has been the first week that I have been in constant discomfort every day, starting on Tuesday. Its the time as my pelvis starts to spread and Zane starts to get down into position and it can be quite painful. Just moving around hurts, walking is more difficult and moving around like rolling over in bed. The types of things we take completely for granted!

This week we took our last baby class, Breastfeeding! It was a good class that taught us some good techniques and provided a great textbook with lots of information. The best thing is that it enforces what the Baby Wise book also says, about feeding and being on a flexible schedule. Its always good to get confirmation.

Lana came over to the house and we took lots of 'belly' pictures, so we will have a nice record on being pregnant with Zane and so he can see how much we love him even before he gets here! I can't wait to see those, I will post those as well when I get them from Lana this week. She also made him two quilts, which I am totally in love with. They are awesome and he will have them forever.

We also attended our last shower this weekend, the family shower, which was held at the clubhouse in Aunt Becky's neighborhood. It was really nice, with decor and a super cute cake!! I have to get the pictures from Meagan and I will post them when I can. The food was good and it was nice to have the family together. One very special moment was when I was handed a book, a baby Bible, and when I looked inside, it said To Zane From Granny V. I lost it! Crying really hard, I couldn't talk...I miss her so much and wish she was here so she could give me advice and laugh at how crazy I am. I know she is watching over us and with us, but sometimes my selfishness gets the better of me and I miss her being here with us, healthy and mothering everyone.

After the shower the McLain family went back to Becky's and we hung out a while, just talking with them and that was fun since its so rare we can actually visit with one another for any length of time. It was a great weekend!

Today I went to see Dr Cone and he did my first cervical exam...which was very painful but I was prepared for that! The report is that my cervix is still pretty much closed and high, which means we have a ways to go until its open and low. So if I were to go into labor now, it would be a very long, hard labor that would more likely end with a c-section. We want to wait and go into labor when my cervix is more open so the labor won't be as long and vaginal delivery is more possible. That being said, we have four weeks anyway until his actual due date, so there's no rush!

Part of me is so excited to meet him, I want it to happen. But more of me wants to wait a few more weeks so Daddy's work isn't so busy and Nana can have her girls weekend away. And truly I had always had my thoughts on the week of the 8th anyway, that week before the weekend he is due, so that is probably how it will all work out. I just don't want him to get too big and cause complications with the actual birth, forcing me to have a c-section. I know its not the end of the world, but I really don't want that!!!!

So the rest of this week I am only working half days and then I will be off work, just preparing for him to actually join us out here in the world. It will be nice to relax and get some rest before my life is changed forever!!

This week from the website:
Your baby is still packing on the pounds — at the rate of about an ounce a day. He now weighs almost 6 pounds and is more than 18 1/2 inches long. He's shedding most of the downy covering of hair that covered his body as well as the vernix caseosa, the waxy substance that covered and protected his skin during his nine-month amniotic bath. Your baby swallows both of these substances, along with other secretions, resulting in a blackish mixture, called meconium, will form the contents of his first bowel movement.

No comments:

Post a Comment