This past week was a fun one, even though its getting hot outside and I am going to have a rough summer growing this baby in the Texas heat!!
On Thursday night I went to Angela's house to play Bunco with her neighborhood group and it was fun because they are all mommies and they are a great group to talk to about all things baby. Angela gave me her copy of Baby Wise which anyone who has read it and used it said it changed their lives!! Even people who didn't use it from the very beginning still found it helpful a few months down the road. The book is about how to get on a schedule that is right for parents and baby so that everyone can be happier and less stressed. Sounds like a plan to me!
Tony read the first three chapters this weekend (yes, I was pleasantly suprised too) and gave me a quick summary. I think the book will be great for both of us to read so we can figure out what will be best for our family. Tony was also a good sport this weekend when he went to Babies R Us with me to work on our registry. We are making good headway!! I needed his input on the bigger items like carrier/carseat, stroller, swing, pack-n-play, baby carrier (like a backpack but on the front). We tried out all the stuff to see how much it weighed and how it broke down and was put back together. He tried on the carriers to see which one was more comfortable and which one would be better for baby. We put the carseat in the base, the carseat in the stroller, folded up the stroller....all that fun stuff!! It was a long day but we made some decisions. :-)
Now people are starting to notice that my pooch is rounding out somewhat. And they all seem more excited about how my body is changing than I do (I guess because its not happening to them). And on Saturday, I thought I felt the baby move, but can't be sure. I was sitting on the couch and felt an interesting feeling in my abdomen, a little off to the left...it was not painful in anyway, just different. Some people describe it as a flutter and that could fit what I felt I think. Dr. Cone said some people can feel it at 14 weeks, but usually between 16 and 18 weeks the movements become more idetifiable. So I may just be crazy...but it was fun to feel something that I thought was my tiny baby moving around in there!
From the website...
Your growing baby now measures about 4 inches long, crown to rump, and weighs in at about 2 1/2 ounces, about the size of an apple. She's busy moving amniotic fluid through her nose and upper respiratory tract, which helps the primitive air sacs in her lungs begin to develop. Her legs are growing longer than her arms now, and she can move all of her joints and limbs. Although her eyelids are still fused shut, she can sense light. If you shine a flashlight at your tummy, for instance, she's likely to move away from the beam. There's not much for your baby to taste at this point, but she is forming taste buds. Finally, if you have an ultrasound this week, you may be able to find out whether your baby's a boy or a girl! (Don't be too disappointed if it remains a mystery, though. Nailing down your baby's sex depends on the clarity of the picture and on your baby's position. He or she may be modestly curled up or turned in such a way as to "hide the goods.")
11 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment