Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

16 Weeks

Well this week has been calm and HOT! It's really starting to get hot outside and I can see the long hot summer ahead of us....hopefully I will be able to find ways to stay cool! We are considering getting an above ground pool, so that would help a lot - to beat the heat and for exercise!

I think we have settled on names, ones we both really like...
For a boy: Zane Anderson (Zane means God's grace)
For a girl: Zoe Anne (Zoe means life)
We didn't intentionally pick a 'Z' theme or anything like that, it just happened that way after all the names we discussed. So now that we have a name for both, we are prepared to find out which it will be. Only 15 more days from today, June 16, I hope that we will be able to see if our baby is a boy or a girl! Of course Tony won't get too excited just in case the baby is bashful that day, but hopefully we will be able to get it to move around so we can get a good view of everything.

This past weekend I noticed my nose is widening!! YIKES!! I sort of scared me...or just took me by surprise...I was getting ready to go to the symphony and looking in the mirror it looked like I had been hit in the nose! Of course as I freak out Tony laughs and is glad that if our baby has a broad nose, now he won't be the only one to blame!!! LOL  I have heard of women's noses growing and their feet growing during pregnancy, and that some return to normal and some stay that way...but it was still shocking to see my nose look different all of the sudden!
I have already had issues with shoes not fitting, but I thought it was more due to heat and swelling that my normal shoes became uncomfortable. I do hope my feet and nose return to their original size....but I know there's no gaurantee.

From the website:
Get ready for a growth spurt. In the next few weeks, your baby will double his weight and add inches to his length. Right now, he’s about the size of an avocado: 4 1/2 inches long (head to rump) and 3 1/2 ounces. His legs are much more developed, his head is more erect than it has been, and his eyes have moved closer to the front of his head. His ears are close to their final position, too. The patterning of his scalp has begun, though his locks aren't recognizable yet. He's even started growing toenails. And there's a lot happening inside as well. For example, his heart is now pumping about 25 quarts of blood each day, and this amount will continue to increase as your baby continues to develop.

No comments:

Post a Comment