So now that we know it's a boy, Zane, I am more motivated to move forward with process of getting the nursery going. I wish I had an ultrasound machine at home so I could see him every day! I can't wait to see him again! I am glad some of the pictures were unclear last time so I get to see him agian for another ultrasound on July 12.
I haven't really been talking directly to Zane before now, but now that he can hear things, I am. And Tony talk to him for the first time yesterday. He lifted my shirt and put his face down by my belly and talked in a deep funny voice. We laughed and I told him the baby was going to think Darth Vader is his father when he's born. Then he talked more normal and it was a very sweet moment, and a little poetic since it was Father's Day.
In other news...I got this letter from my insurance company with information about a pregnancy specialist (registered nurse) that I can talk to and if I talk to her at least 3 times between now and when the baby is a month old, I will get a $50 gift card!! So I was going to call this week and discuss with her my diet, calorie intake and exercise. I want to understand about what I should be eating and doing. I was already overweight so I don't want to make that situation too much worse by just eating whatever and not paying attention to my weight gain during pregnancy. So far its been okay but being overweight to start with, you aren't supposed to gain as much weight during pregnancy anyway, so I want to watch out, knowing that my biggest weight gain is still to come.
This week I am going to order the bedding for Zane's room. We didn't register for it since its the only thing that isn't at Babies R Us. Havign that will also help me decide how and what we are going to paint in his room. I have some ideas but need to get the room cleaned out so I have a blank canvas to start with. How exciting!!
This week from the website: (since we know its a boy I changed all the her and she to him and he)
Your baby's sensory development is exploding! His brain is designating specialized areas for smell, taste, hearing, vision, and touch. Some research suggests that he may be able to hear your voice now, so don't be shy about reading aloud, talking to him, or singing a happy tune if the mood strikes you. Your baby weighs about 8 1/2 ounces and measures 6 inches, head to bottom. His arms and legs are in the right proportions to each other and the rest of her body now. His kidneys continue to make urine and the hair on his scalp is sprouting. A waxy protective coating called the vernix caseosa is forming on his skin to prevent it from pickling in the amniotic fluid.
11 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment