My under belly is starting to get really firm!! I say under belly because my outer belly is fat, but Tony and I can both feel the difference now that the baby and uterus are getting bigger!! At this point I just look overweight, since the baby is just pushing my fat farther to the front! And I can't suck in my stomach anymore, there's no room! But I have accepted that and I know that I just can't put on any excess weight during the pregnancy. Which so far I really haven't!
This past week has been busy with stuff that has somewhat distracted me, which is probably a good thing! We have been spending a lot of time with Jermaine while he is here, going out to eat a lot! Physically I am doing pretty good I think! Still tired a lot, and cranky when I get hungry, or when I get tired, but other than that, doing well. I bought some maternity clothes this week. I just wanted to get enought to have two weeks of clothes for work. I think I have that now. For at home, I bought myself a comfy nightshirt, and I have a two pairs of shorts for the hot days. I think what I have should get me through several months if not almost all the way to the end. Except for bras....I have to go get some bras....this week!! I have grown out of mine and only have one that fits right now....this is one investment I can't go cheap on!
I got a severe headache this weekend, which Tony and I believe was caused by blood pressure. I understand that my body now has 50% more blood in it, but I forget about the physical affects that can have. I was lying flat for a while and all sudden my head ached so bad I cried! But once I sat up, and took some deep breaths, the major pain went away. I also get dizzy if I stand up too fast....a problem I don't normally have. I am beginning to think that several of my smaller annoying headaches are probably related to blood pressure as well. Like after I eat a meal that contained a lot of salt. I only take Tylenol if the headache persists, and usually they don't.
I have started reading and referencing a couple of pregnancy books and have learned that after this week I should not sleep on my back. That shouldn't be too much of a problem b/c I am a side sleeper naturally. And I cannot do any exercises that have my on my back - no worries there! The reason is because the baby will be laying on two vital arteries that cary blood to my brain and the placenta, so it could potentially be harmful to both me and the baby. I also read that making the bed firmer sometimes helps. I am going to try that since we have a SleepNumber bed, I can adjust my side to whatever firmness I need it. I will probably also invest in a good body pillow (or two) or a Snoogle pillow, something that can support all my areas when I sleep on my side and hopefully help me stay more comfortable for longer!
I was really proud of myself this week when Tony and I got into our first serious discussion (not really an argument) since I have been pregnant. We talked it out and no one got too excited, I contained myself and did not blow up - I was telling myself over and over in my head 'this is not a big deal, don't overeact, this is not a big deal, don't yell!!' And we got through it with no tears!! I am sure Tony appreciated that!
So now I am just anticipating getting some energy back, so I can start walking on a regular basis and working on the baby's room. Our office now, has so much stuff in it, it is the house catch-all! So I have to get that cleaned up and out for good! We need to get a new desk for our computer so it can easily fit in the guestroom. Our desk now is larger because I needed the space when I was in school. I also have an old bookcase that my grandfather built that I want to refinish to match the furniture for the baby. But that may be a later project, as we may not use the bookshelf in the baby's room in the beginning.
And speaking of a beginning, I have been researching products that we will need, based on a registry checklist of items that are must haves! Of course must have is relative, since most of what they have these days didn't even exist when I was a baby!! But I am going with it and learning about lots of products. We are only going to register at one place, Babies R Us, to make it easier on shoppers and ourselves! Babies R Us has an easy way to order on-line and ship directly to the registrant. Which is what I do ALL the time for friends who I buy baby gifts for. It's too easy!!
Now for the website update on the baby's growth....(remember it alternates "he" and "she" each week)
Your baby, just over 1 1/2 inches long and about the size of a fig, is now almost fully formed. Her hands will soon open and close into fists, tiny tooth buds are beginning to appear under her gums, and some of her bones are beginning to harden. She's already busy kicking and stretching, and her tiny movements are so effortless they look like water ballet. These movements will become more frequent as her body grows and becomes more developed and functional. You won't feel your baby's acrobatics for another month or two, nor will you notice the hiccupping that may be happening now that her diaphragm is forming.
11 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment