Now we just have to wait one more week to go back to see Dr. Cone and to get another ultrasound. I am sure everything is fine and now that we are passing our 9th week, the chance of miscarriage is greatly decreased. Of course the ultrasound is always the most reassuring thing, when we can see our little peanut and see that tiny heart beating.
So tomorrow I start week 10 and at this point most people have started gaining some weight, I have currently only gained 2 -3 pounds, which is great considering I started a lot bigger than I should have! So for now I am still wearing my regular work pants and skirts, although I did have to buy some bigger tops for my ever growing boobs and a lot of my old shirts were too tight around my already expanded mid-section. I have bought a couple of pairs of maternity shorts which are SO comfortable and this week I bout a pair of maternity capri jeans, but the top that goes over the belly is too big, so they don't stay pulled up just yet...but I am sure I will grow into them before I know it.
As of yet, I have to say that my pregnancy "symptoms" have been very mild. The fatigue effects me the most and hopefully that will ease up in a few more weeks. Nausea has only been slight and only when I get hungry. Unfortunately as of today I think I may be coming down with something like a cold or allergies, my nose it stuffy, my throat is scratchy and I have a little cough. Hopefully this won't get any worse!
This weekend we went out the wild game cookoff to support Marty's team and had a good time, although I think I was walking and on my feet a little too much since I started spotting right before we left. On Saturday Tony and I went looking at baby stuff which was fun for me and mostly torture for him, but hey, I am trying to ease him into things slowly so he's going to have to suck it up now and then. The best thing was that we agreed upon bedding for the nursery. It was my second choice, but its more important to me that he has a say so in picking it and that's its something he likes.
Now the bedding we picked can be considered unisex, although I think it leans towards a boy, and since that's what I think we are having, we picked this. I can't say that if we find out we're having a girl that the bedding won't change but this is what we picked. Its made by Cocalo and called Moremi - here are a few pics we took in the store...and of course Tony was playing it up for the camera!!
And here's what the week by week website says happened in Week 9:
Your new resident is nearly an inch long — about the size of a grape — and weighs just a fraction of an ounce. She's starting to look more and more human. Her essential body parts are accounted for, though they'll go through plenty of fine-tuning in the coming months. Other changes abound: Your baby's heart finishes dividing into four chambers, and the valves start to form — as do her tiny teeth. The embryonic "tail" is completely gone. Your baby's organs, muscles, and nerves are kicking into gear. The external sex organs are there but won't be distinguishable as male or female for another few weeks. Her eyes are fully formed, but her eyelids are fused shut and won't open until 27 weeks. She has tiny earlobes, and her mouth, nose, and nostrils are more distinct. The placenta is developed enough now to take over most of the critical job of producing hormones. Now that your baby's basic physiology is in place, she's poised for rapid weight gain.


No comments:
Post a Comment