Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

6 Week Update

Well other than knowing I am actually creating a God given human being inside me, nothing really new and exciting has happened this past week. I have started to develop a little ridge in my pelvic area that will grow into my baby bump. Yesterday was 6 full weeks and now I am so anxious for our first doctors appointment tomorrow Nov 11 at 3pm!

Today was the first day I woke up feeling nauseated, so I ate some Magic Pop air crisps and had a glass of ginger tea (organic decaf of course). And that seemed to do the trick. When I get hungry I start to feel a little nauseated as well, just slightly, but when I eat it goes away. I hope it doesn't get much worse than this...but who knows. If I have learned anything from all the stories I have heard it is that everyone is different and even the most common symptoms may not happen with me.

One symptom that I have been experiencing is the fatigue. I am tired most of the time but I get really sleepy in the afternoon and I have been falling asleep at about 8:30 the last few days. I eventually move from the couch to the bed and sleep all night so I have been getting lots of rest, at least at night. This past weekend I would get tired and rest during the day, but I didn't actually sleep. Right now I wish I had a pillow because I probably could take a nap!

In other news, we have been discussing names quite a bit. I think we now have a girl name and have narrowed the boy name down to two really good possibilities. But we still have a long way to go, so that may all change, so at this time, I am not going to share the names. But everyone will know soon enough. What I can share now is that the middle name for a girl will be Anne after my mother and me and the middle name for a boy will either be Jackson (Tony's dad's last name) or Martin (my dad's first name). The first names are what we are still thinking about.

We have also started to look around for furniture, but man that is a big job! We have been to a few stores and there are lots of designs. This Thursday after I drop Tony off at the airport for his Tokyo trip I am going to Baby's 1st Furniture off 1960 North. Apparently that is the biggest baby furniture store in the city so I should be able to see lots of good ideas. We are trying to find something reasonable that will also last as convertible furniture. And of course we have to agree on it! That's the hardest part!

No comments:

Post a Comment