Today for the first time Tony referred to the baby as his kid!!! Wow - I didn't realize how powerful that statement would be to me. It is actually in a funny context, he sent me an email about canceling my membership to the tanning salon - here is the actual email
"You told me something about why you currently are being charged $5 a month for tanning but I don’t remember. To keep your account active, maybe? Anyway, will you go ahead and cancel it? I assume you won’t be going to microwave my kid anytime in the foreseeable future so there’s no point in paying more money to hold on to credits you’re not going to use anyway."
This email made me laugh and warmed my heart at the same time!! Tony has had a great sense of humor about this whole thing...which is a good way to deal with an exciting but scary journey. He jokes a lot about things and he has also already done some uncomfortable stuff just to humor me (like going baby furniture shopping). He tells me that he understands I have wanted this for so long and that I am so excited, which is very sweet and thoughtful. Then again he also says that I still have to pull my weight around the house while I am still mobile and able because he knows before too long he will have to do it all! He is nothing if he isn't a realist! I know he is going to be an amazing dadddy and I love him so much!!
11 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment