Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, November 2, 2009

In The Beginning

So we wanted to have a baby, but being new to this, weren't sure how long it may take before God answered our prayers. To our surprise it wasn't long at all! We were fortunate enough to get some divine intervention because it turns out that the week we concieved, I was supposed to be on a business trip in Denver. The trip was cancelled by my office so that just proves even moreso that now was our time!

On October 28, 2009 when I woke up and realized I didn't have cramps, I took a test! It was exactly 14 days after ovulation was noted and we had timed our baby dance perfectly that month. My cycle was due to start that day if I was not pregnant.

I got up to let the anxious dogs outside and went to take my test. I used a cup so I wouldn't make a mess and as I watched the little pink lines through my blurry morning vision, it appeared to be turning!!! So I ran upstairs and got another test, a digital one this time. Dipped that stick and the hour glass started to blink. At this point the dogs were ready to come in from the chilly outside so I let them back in and by the time I walked back to the bathroom the digital test read "Pregnant" and the pink lines were clearly visible!!


My first reactions was "No Way?!?!" Pure disbelief and amazement! My heart began pounding in my chest as I grabbed both tests and ran upstairs to Tony. I flicked on the light and told him he had to wake up. I jumped back in the bed and he said he was awake (not very convicingly with eyes still closed). I said "I'm pregnant" and he said "you're joking" and I said "I would NOT joke about THIS! I'm pregnant - go look at the tests on the counter!!"

As his natural way of being funny, his humor was lost on my that morning as I was about to hyperventilate. He rose to his knees and gave me a big hug and a kiss on the forehead. Noticing that I was breathing heavily and feeling my heart race he asked me if I was okay and all I could say is "yah I'm just about to hyperventilate." Then he went to examine the tests and jokingly said "I don't see nothing" to which I quickly instructed him to get his glasses! After another good hug and an exchange of grins I was still in shock. His next two jokes were "Are you sure it's mine?" and "Can I go back to sleep for 5 more minutes?"

Now completely high of adrenaline, we starting making phone calls for family and best friends. What a morning this was. At one point I called my doctor to give them the news and get some advice of what medications I could not take since I had a pretty bad cold at the time. They also discussed with me where I was in the pregnancy. We also scheduled our first prenatal visit for November 11, 2009.

Figuring out the due date is interesting...The first day of my last cycle was Sept 29, 2009. 40 weeks from that date is July 5, 2010. Another way they can calculate the due date is to add 7 days from the first day of my last cycle, then subtract 3 months, which would be July 7, 2010. So if I have a full term pregnancy of 40 weeks I am due in early July - so close to Tony's 40th birthday on the 5th!!! WOW!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment