Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Reactions to the News

I think Grandma Trecie (who wants to be called by another name that is still undecided) was pleasantly surprised to get that 7 a.m. call while she was getting ready for work. Grandma & Grandpa Jackson were very excited. Fun Gran (Tony's Mom) was ever so happy and Granda (Tony's grandmother) was tickled pink!

Of course we got lots of joyous congratulations, but a few notable reactions were friends and co-workers Misty and Charlotte. Misty gave a good happy scream followed by laughs as she tried not to wreck her car on the way to work. She was so excited she said she almost started crying. (She also have a good happy scream in the grocery store when we called her to tell her we were engaged)  Charlotte let out a yell and honked her horn, I am sure scaring those in traffic around her as she yelled out her window "I'm not crazy, my boss is having a BABY!!!!" Quite a fun reaction!

I had an emotional moment driving to work that morning just realizing that Dad and Granny Ve weren't able to get that call from us. I am sure they are both looking down on me now and are thrilled but it saddens me to not be able to share this with them in person. Granny Ve had so much wisdom and was so caring of others, I know I would be constantly turning to her for advice it I could. And it's heartbreaking to know that our baby will not hear my dads deep voice, be swallowed up by his big hands and be tickled by his beard. Lossing my dad was the hardest thing I have ever been through and this was one of the reasons why. I wanted him to know me as a mother and Tony as a father and to know our kids. I have faith that this is all in God's plan, but I can't say that it doesn't still hurt my heart sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment